Saturday, July 24, 2010

The friendliest person you knew for only one day

Dear.....chick,

I wanna let you know that, even though this was YEARS ago (5), I still remember it like it was yesterday and its STILL one of the best days of my life. I dont know your name and you dont know mine, but your small gesture made my entire day...no, better yet, existence lol I'll illustrate the moment for those who werent there ...
I was leaving my dorm to meet my friends for breakfast as I always did on the weekends. I was slightly irritated because I knew that they werent going to be on time and I was dealing with stress from back at home. So, im walking and this girl is suddenly standing in front of me with the biggest grin on her face. I was SO puzzled. Before I knew it, she was opening her arms and closing in for a hug. I gave her one because I didnt wanna seem like a jerk lol But dude, that hug was the nicest thing anyone had ever done. At first I was resisting the idea of hugging a stranger, but 3 seconds in and I was totally forgetting about everything that was happening to me. This wasnt some ....girl on girl action, I could literally feel her sympathizing with me. It was like she was sent there to make me feel better. So, thank you chick. Before you, I didnt know that there could be genuinely nice people in the world. You have changed my entire perspective on life and I couldnt appreciate you more. I wish I knew your name :/

sincerely
me

No comments:

Post a Comment