Monday, March 30, 2009

Whatever tickles your Twitter

Social Networking has completely consumed about 90% of the lives of young adults. We wake up, check our messages, do whatever it is that we have to do for the day, check our messages....
maybe post a picture and a comment ( or two), come back home, and spend the rest of the night on our favorite site. I remember when Black Planet and Xanga was the "thing", then Tagged, Bebo, Yearbook.com, and Student Center, and Myspace
and then when they ran out of original ideas...they started copying off each other. Facebook was the more "grown up" Myspace. Myspace, then, took features from Facebook....
Facebook did it right back and now we have Twitter which stole from Myspace and Facebook with the status updates. When will this all stop? I'm completely addicted to the internet and i'm blaming boredom and NEW Social Networking sites. Everyone wants a way to "K.I.T" like they promised in their yearbook signatures....
but with the advancement of cell phones and text messaging
a simple phone call just wont do. We need something fresh...innovative and something that utilizes the full potential of the internet. We also want something that's fast and allows us to do more than one thing at a time. If you think about it, it's a smart move. But why so many sites ? Do we really need them all ?
I just joined a new site 3 days ago, and I'm sitting here thinking about how much time I can devote to it without abandoning Facebook lol It's like i'm juggling children~!!
I cant wait to see how much we'll depend on these things when we're older, or how these sites will affect our social interactions. The other day...someone said something funny to me and I actually pictured "LOL---smiley"
instead of laughing
[[pathetic]] lol

I do think, however, that sites like Twitter are taking things too far. It's an obvious copy-cat.
At the end of the day, it doesnt matter what I think of all of this-- whatever floats your boat I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment