Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dear Mr && Mrs Smith




You give me life.
I know that you birthed me, mom, but the two of you literally keep me going. You’ve instilled in me the values I now hold and have perfected for myself.
Mom- you taught me how to carry myself as a lady. Everything I believe about women and femininity came from you. Self confidence Is something you exude and I find comfort in knowing that even if I tried, I’ll never be as good as you. You are the best mother who has ever lived. YES you get on my nerves lol but you’re so loving. You’ve sacrificed so much just to see us all smile, and I cannot tell you how appreciative I am of your selflessness. I got my voice from you. With You each day is a song I want to keep on repeat. You’re always encouraging, always smiling, and always always there. Thank you.
Pops- gosh..it’s been a long ride. Each time I think about how far we’ve come, I just want to cry. I can think of all of the times I didn’t have a word to say to you. I can think of the times when I wished you were gone and then, when you did leave…I couldn’t think of anything but clicking my heels three times so that you could come home. I’m so glad we’ve strengthened our relationship. From the way you’ve treated me, I never want to settle for a guy who does less for me than you do. I deserve the very best, you taught me that. But you’ve also given me my sense of humor and ways of thinking. My entire personality comes from you. ­­­­­Ive learned forgiveness from you, and tons and tons of bible scriptures lol You’ve always appreciated my art, and made me feel like I was the smartest kid to have ever lived.
Together, you were the perfect parents. You were counselors, protectors, and friends. I couldn’t have asked for more…and I wouldn’t dream of asking for someone different. The Lord knew exactly what he was doing when he made you two my parents. Thanks for loving me and taking me as I am. I know I’m a bit much haha but you just…gosh. Idk lol no words can sum it up.
Just, thank you.

Love, 
your oldest daughter from the second set // princess lol


[This is apart of a series of LETTERS ]

No comments:

Post a Comment