Monday, June 28, 2010

Dear Bestfriend,

I wish you would listen to me. Like, REALLY listen. I told you yesterday that I have spent the majority of my life listening to your problems and while I still stand by that statement, I dont feel like you ever take the time to truly consider the fact that I may need a day to be listened to. I feel like a crutch. I feel like you're just waiting for your turn to talk. Or to tell me how this somehow relates to what HE did or said or something irrelevant. I love you with all of my heart, but this is the reason why I'm irritated when you start on some random tangent. You aren't listening !! A lot of things are learned by listening, for instance....
I learned in psych that a lot of our good memories are connected to a strong smell lol Isn't that cool? Smell is connected to emotion and well, there ya go.
I can be a very blunt, and no bs person, but I never have ever...once...not a day in my life ever been rude to you because I know that's all you've gotten from the people in your life. I don't want to be another one. All I'm asking is that if I have had a bad day ( which I have sometimes), I need you to listen to me and not wait to interject with a story of your own.

Love,
Me

[This is apart of a series of LETTERS ]

No comments:

Post a Comment